Subscribe
  1. Ego
    Apr 22, 2003, 5:37 PM - Anyone Have Dye Recipe for ESB Gloves #1

I'm going to try my hand (pardon the pun) at making my own gloves. I have what I think is a pretty decent base glove, but, it's white cotton. Just wondering if anyone has any recipe's (or starting points) for what colour to dye the ESB gloves?

Thanks
    Jer
    Apr 23, 2003, 12:21 AM - Re: Anyone Have Dye Recipe for ESB Gloves #2

My opinion... a really heavy dose of GRAY dye. Check old threads to see for yourself. If not, just spend a little bit of money and get S1's gloves. I'm not sure about his colors, but I know they're really accurate.

Robert
  3. b.fett
    Apr 23, 2003, 12:30 AM - Re: Anyone Have Dye Recipe for ESB Gloves #3

Yup, S1's gloves are great! I think the color used for the dye was 'Medium Gray'. If you are going to dye it just go slow and dye it a little at a time. It's easier to darken it if it needs it than to lighten it if it's too dark.
    Post pics of your progress!
  4. Member Since
    Jun 2002
    Feb 3, 2004, 12:25 AM - Re: Anyone Have Dye Recipe for ESB Gloves #4

i know this is a old thread but im going to attempt making my own ESB gloves very soon.does RIT make "meduim grey"? i have read where some have used "pearl grey" for thier gloves but im not sure if that for RTOJ.im pulling my hair out trying to decide what color to choose
    Feb 3, 2004, 11:24 AM - Re: Anyone Have Dye Recipe for ESB Gloves #5

I used Rit Pearl Grey for my gloves. If you leave them in the solution long enough, the grey will be just right.

I bought three pairs of white cotton military parade gloves (at $5 a pair, they were pretty cheap!). I used a large pot of boiling water on the stove, and half a bag of the dye (along with the recommended salt and detergent, to soften the water).

My first pair was too dark, so I emptied the pot a little and added fresh water, without adding any more dye. I had better results the second time, and dyed my third pair as well.

Remember to let them dry COMPLETELY before making a color judgement- wet gloves always look darker.