Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
    Jan 11, 2009, 12:58 PM - Anyone had any experience with these sellers? #1

Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone had any experience of dealing with either of these ebay sellers:

evolutiontoysshop
    cucblack

They are selling what looks to be half decent, painted armor at reasonable prices.

I would be grateful to hear from anyone who has bought from these guys whether good or bad.

Cheers guys
    Jan 11, 2009, 1:10 PM - Re: Anyone had any experience with these sellers? #2

I bought several things from evo, but just smaller parts like beacon for jet pack, or darts for the gauntlets etc ...

For the bigger parts I am not sure if they are accurate enough ... I had my doubts ... and to be honest: Better pay some dollars more to get fantastic quality stuff like BM, MOW, FP or WICKEDBEARD. I just named a few but you´ll find many more good prop makers here on TDH!

But to answer your question: I never did regret to have bought from evo ... never bought anything from cucblack so I can´t say ...

Hope this helps!

Manuel
  3. Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Jan 11, 2009, 1:44 PM - Re: Anyone had any experience with these sellers? #3

hmmmm I have heard some people on here have bought from cucblack. but the rumours on other boards is that he is a recaster, or at least his stormtrooper and biker scout stuff is.

evolution toys actually posts on this board. best do a search urself on this forum and decide yourself whether you want to buy his stuff or not. LIke much else in this hobby - accuracy and budget play a huge part in ur decision making. personally I would bypass both to get nicer (and unavoidably more expensive) bits of kit of people on here

Nate
  4. formerly old_jedi_mind_trick Bobby Fett UK's Avatar
    Jan 11, 2009, 2:20 PM - Re: Anyone had any experience with these sellers? #4

FP is back doing armour and it is highly recommended! I would not have any other.....I may even get me a spare set

Bobby.
  5. Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Jan 11, 2009, 2:22 PM - Re: Anyone had any experience with these sellers? #5

no far boby u already got a gorgeous ROTJ set!
    Jan 11, 2009, 2:32 PM - Re: Anyone had any experience with these sellers? #6

Quote Bobby Fett UK said: View Post
    FP is back doing armour and it is highly recommended! I would not have any other.....I may even get me a spare set

Bobby.
    Being new here, I'm not entirely sure I know who you are referring to

I'd be grateful if you could point me in the right direction.
    Jan 11, 2009, 2:38 PM - Re: Anyone had any experience with these sellers? #7

Quote Nobby said: View Post
    Being new here, I'm not entirely sure I know who you are referring to

I'd be grateful if you could point me in the right direction.
    FP is Fettpride, a man here on The Dented Helmet. He make's truly awesome armor parts.
    Jan 11, 2009, 2:45 PM - Re: Anyone had any experience with these sellers? #8

Just to mention: You can get it a bit cheaper (shipping) if you maybe choose Bobamaker as he is based in the UK?

I have my personal parts from FP too and I am more than satisfied!

But whoever you choose, if you take one of the top prop makers here, you will always get perfect parts!
  9. Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Jan 11, 2009, 3:07 PM - Re: Anyone had any experience with these sellers? #9

i bought a boba flank vest from cucblack and it i can honestly say that its just what i expected so cucblack is who i would buy from
  10. Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Jan 11, 2009, 3:24 PM - Re: Anyone had any experience with these sellers? #10

yeesh Nobby all the newbies from the UKG ;P

pm'ing some info mate, happy to answer any other questions u may have

Nate
    Jan 11, 2009, 3:27 PM - Re: Anyone had any experience with these sellers? #11

Quote Heatshock said: View Post
    yeesh Nobby all the newbies from the UKG ;P
    pm'ing some info mate, happy to answer any other questions u may have
    Nate
    nice one
    thanks Nate
    Jan 13, 2009, 12:58 PM - Re: Anyone had any experience with these sellers? #12

Hi Nobby,

I bought a ROTJ jumpsuit and vest from cucblack recently. The fit and finish on both are excellent. He sends a file illustrating 19 dimensions for you to fill out and return. He is very thorough.

I have read many threads concerning cucblack and there seems to be as many good comments as there are bad. I personally have had no problem with him. He has been very friendly so far and e-mail communications have been prompt and plenty. I won’t hesitate to buy from him again if needed. The only draw back is delivery time. If you are in a big hurry, you may want to go somewhere else.

Just my humble opinion. Happy hunting!
    Jan 13, 2009, 1:02 PM - Re: Anyone had any experience with these sellers? #13

Thanks for all the info guys.

Anyone had armor from cucblack?
    Jan 13, 2009, 6:48 PM - Re: Anyone had any experience with these sellers? #14

You'ld be best to stay away from them, There is currently a Thread on the RPF about this and what they do is buy stuff from reputible people, Re-cast it and sell it on e-bay, It first started with the Fett Helmet (which I bought 2 Years ago) and turned out to be a Re-casted DP, Since then they've moved on to Vader ROTS and the Biker Scout. Their prices may be reasonable, but by no means is the Quality. Stick with FP, BM, MOW, For your fett needs, Also check out the Junkyard there's always GREAT STUFF there.
  15. Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Jan 13, 2009, 6:54 PM - Re: Anyone had any experience with these sellers? #15

ah thanks cerillo

I knew abt their TK and TB stuff being questionable.
    Wasnt sure with Fett and Vadar. And even less abt soft armour.

personally wouldnt get the armour then, as I do not support recasters. period.
    Jan 13, 2009, 6:58 PM - Re: Anyone had any experience with these sellers? #16

I've bought a backplate from cucblack back in december, which hasn't arrived yet ... well I guess I have to wait because items shipped from outside europe to germany seem to get in some kind of strange time warp as soon as they reach Frankfurt ^^
    Jan 14, 2009, 4:00 AM - Re: Anyone had any experience with these sellers? #17

I got most of my armour and vest from cucblack, it did take 2 months to arrive and I'm very happy with them. They're made from fibreglass, the paint was a little glossy but nothing a touch of matt varnish couldn't fix.
    In fact, I give him permission to use my images in his auctions. Have to say that throughout the whole process he was an absolute gentleman. Recasting rumours are just that, rumours!! Not come across any evidence to back it up.
    So many choices now, Bobamaker would definitely be the way to go seeing that you're based in the UK.
    Jan 14, 2009, 12:43 PM - Re: Anyone had any experience with these sellers? #18

I bought some armour from cucblack and all i can say that it wasnt a great experience, after he took my money with no armour and was unpolite and rude to me .
    I waited over a month for my armour in which never arrived ,i sent him emails too ,in which he replied dont bother me !! Then when i filed with paypal in which he tryed to refuse my refund to me, at one stage and made more excuses after he didnt have any funds to give back ,far as im concern down with cucblack he suks ,however im not sure if hes a recaster ,i heard he was on from another site ....im glad i went to BM Daz now for my armour

Evolution is a good seller i would recommend him as i have bought a few things from him .
  19. Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Jan 14, 2009, 1:25 PM - Re: Anyone had any experience with these sellers? #19

Quote Dougie Fett said: View Post
    IRecasting rumours are just that, rumours!! Not come across any evidence to back it up
    well like I said - I dont know abt cucblack Fett stuff and soft armour, but the threads I have followed in TK and TB land would make for pretty strong rumours then -

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.ph...3&st=0&start=0

http://forum.bikerscout.net/index.ph...87&#entry35987

Its really quite hard to get any real facts abt recasting due to the very nature of this hobby. I rely quite heavily on more experienced troopers and boards like this.

like a lot to do with this hobby - its personal choice. have heard nothing abt his Fett armour, so it may very well be genuine.

for u guys who have gone with cucblack and like him stuff - well and good. I am in this hobby for fun and make no judgements on other peoples choices (honestly hope no one takes these comments as a personal attack!).

Not up to date with ebay Fett stuff. I learnt from my TK and TB expereince to head right for the right forums and buy direct from fan sculpts. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!

heard abt ur problems stormy - soz you seem to have had a time of it lately (gauntlet issues too )

as far as for me though - I find that particular vendor suspect and would avoid just to err on the side of caution as I wouldnt like my cash goign to support a recaster (proven or not)

Heard nothing bad abt evolution toys. Not bought form him myself. some occasional complaints abt delivary delays - the usual stuff. I would certainly buy if stuff if I couldnt get my hands on the stuff I wanted off these boards.

Good luck with ur decision man!
    Jan 14, 2009, 4:09 PM - Re: Anyone had any experience with these sellers? #20

Quote stormshadow2100 said: View Post
    I bought some armour from cucblack and all i can say that it wasnt a great experience, after he took my money with no armour and was unpolite and rude to me .
    I waited over a month for my armour in which never arrived ,i sent him emails too ,in which he replied dont bother me !! Then when i filed with paypal in which he tryed to refuse my refund to me, at one stage and made more excuses after he didnt have any funds to give back ,far as im concern down with cucblack he suks ,however im not sure if hes a recaster ,i heard he was on from another site ....im glad i went to BM Daz now for my armour

Evolution is a good seller i would recommend him as i have bought a few things from him .
    Shocked and stunned to hear that, doesn't sound like the same person at all

Stick with Daz (Bobamaker), you'll be very happy with the outcome.
    Jan 14, 2009, 5:20 PM - Re: Anyone had any experience with these sellers? #21

Quote Dougie Fett said: View Post
    Shocked and stunned to hear that, doesn't sound like the same person at all

Stick with Daz (Bobamaker), you'll be very happy with the outcome.

yeah i already went to BM Daz for my armour after cucblack was rude and unpolite ..no need fo that !!!
    Jan 21, 2009, 8:55 AM - Re: Anyone had any experience with these sellers? #22

Anyone know this E-Bay seller... 502smallblock (aka Deathstar Creation)?

He's been offering gel coated fiberglass armor for a while. He is now offering parts fully painted. Is he a member of this board? Anyone have any experience with his armor?
    Jan 21, 2009, 8:59 AM - Re: Anyone had any experience with these sellers? #23

I bought some Gaunt darts from Evo. They are great and you cant beat the price. The other armor parts on the other hand need some work. It depends on wat you want.
    Jan 21, 2009, 8:59 AM - Re: Anyone had any experience with these sellers? #24

Quote BooBoo Fett said: View Post
    Anyone know this E-Bay seller... 502smallblock (aka Deathstar Creation)?

He's been offering gel coated fiberglass armor for a while. He is now offering parts fully painted. Is he a member of this board? Anyone have any experience with his armor?
    I checked out the same armour on Ebay just the other day. I may be wrong but from what I remember reading on here he's a suspected recaster.

The other issue I had was that I want to buy most my armour etc from BM and with the excelent paint job that Daz does, I don't think the green matches up very well with this seller's work.
    Last edited by Toontrooper; Jan 21, 2009 at 9:08 AM.
    Jan 21, 2009, 9:14 AM - Re: Anyone had any experience with these sellers? #25

Thanks guys. That was some quick responding. I have to get to the office. I'll check back later to see if anyone else has chimed in.

Cheers