Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Subscribe
    Jul 11, 2009, 2:38 AM - Re: Anti-Security Blade Control Rod - Finally Confirmed!!! #26

LOL! Pity I didn't know of the brush arm's importance earlier! LOL! You should have my part delivered this morning Gav.

Like I said to you Gav, I think that second hole was added by the prop makers to secure the two arms/parts together. I did a quick photoshop pic to show my theory on that second hole:

shin-mock-jpg

You can see how that second hole lines up with the original hole on Gavs part and mine. Maybe they added a second hole to one of the arms, so that they could secure it to the second arm using it's existing hole.

Makes sense to me but there could have been variants of that part made by Mitchell?
  2. Member Since
    Sep 2002
    Jul 11, 2009, 4:51 AM - Re: Anti-Security Blade Control Rod - Finally Confirmed!!! #27

I think the theory about the two holes is sound.

This piece is also the handle of Lando's Cloud City comlink and for that it has only the one original hole.
    Most likely only one of Fett's has two holes.
  3. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Jul 11, 2009, 8:58 AM - Re: Anti-Security Blade Control Rod - Finally Confirmed!!! #28

Chris, I don't know if you remember that far back, but this is really the piece that started it all for me back on the RPF, because everyone thought these pieces were an exacto-knife handle! In a small way, it was this piece and arguing about what it was, or back then, about what it was not, that started TDH! I wish those threads were still around as information like that and other finds were sadly lost.

While I agree with everyone's ideas on the second hole, I have to disagree on only one of Fett's pieces having the second hole. Now, I may just be seeing what I want to see, but I believe on one of the anti-secutiy blades, you can see the second hole on the back stylus brush as well as on the front one. It is hard to see with the two pressed together, but I believe it is there. My assumption is, if they did drill them for Fett, they just quickly drilled through all of them but one hole ends up not being used.
    Jul 11, 2009, 10:26 AM - Re: Anti-Security Blade Control Rod - Finally Confirmed!!! #29

Nice find indeed, and a very amusing story about how this very part birthed THD
    Jul 11, 2009, 10:50 PM - Re: Anti-Security Blade Control Rod - Finally Confirmed!!! #30

I'd be in for an accurate set of these. I'm so glad I found this site so that my anal retentiveness...I mean meticulous personality has a place to stay
    Jul 12, 2009, 2:02 AM - Re: Anti-Security Blade Control Rod - Finally Confirmed!!! #31

cool stuff as always. thanks Wes & Gav for your hard work
    Jul 12, 2009, 9:44 AM - Re: Anti-Security Blade Control Rod - Finally Confirmed!!! #32

Parts now drawn up....
    Jul 12, 2009, 10:35 AM - Re: Anti-Security Blade Control Rod - Finally Confirmed!!! #33

Outstanding Gav!! Looking forward to seeing your part compared to mine bro.
  9. formerly old_jedi_mind_trick Bobby Fett UK's Avatar
    Jul 12, 2009, 12:08 PM - Re: Anti-Security Blade Control Rod - Finally Confirmed!!! #34

jedi.paramedic said: View Post
    I'd be in for an accurate set of these. I'm so glad I found this site so that my anal retentiveness...I mean meticulous personality has a place to stay

Jul 12, 2009, 3:23 PM - Re: Anti-Security Blade Control Rod - Finally Confirmed!!! #35

I'd be in for a set as well. This is too cool!
    Jul 13, 2009, 7:48 AM - Re: Anti-Security Blade Control Rod - Finally Confirmed!!! #36

Skupilkinson said: View Post
    There is no second hole under that foil label mate. Believe me I've checked.
    Mojo-Fett said: View Post
    Skip would know...
    When I first told Skip about my find/purchase I sent him a couple of pics of the stylus brush. Just for him to turn round and say that his dads got one?

The idea is that the second hole will be added as per ref pics, I'm in discussions with Mitchells to ask if there has been some design evolution or scrapped parts etc to try and determine the second.
    'thoughts' are that they added the second to the prop so that it neither slid up or down against the other, or revolved. looks to be held with a bronze piece.
    Cool stuff. Adding a hole makes sense as does the reason for it; so does the idea that there were variations of the piece made.

I'm just glad the piece was confirmed!
  12. formerly old_jedi_mind_trick Bobby Fett UK's Avatar
    Jul 13, 2009, 8:36 AM - Re: Anti-Security Blade Control Rod - Finally Confirmed!!! #37

These will be cool.........but I still need to pay for the last replica accurate parts I ordered!
    Jul 13, 2009, 9:51 AM - Re: Anti-Security Blade Control Rod - Finally Confirmed!!! #38

Great Score Mojo! I can;t wait to see you work your... well... MOJO on these!! Since I'll never own an authentic part (let alone 2) you bet your keester I'll be getting a Mojo crafted version!
    Jul 13, 2009, 9:52 AM - Re: Anti-Security Blade Control Rod - Finally Confirmed!!! #39

The two hole thing was certainly a deal breaker for some to ID the stylus brush as the found part
    Discussed here: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=25888

But I am glad that this has been confirmed.

As a FYI, the stylus brush that Transcriptors.net offers is the incorrect one and could take up to 9 months for shipping. I wouldn't recommend buying theirs for your security blade.
  15. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Jul 13, 2009, 10:54 AM - Re: Anti-Security Blade Control Rod - Finally Confirmed!!! #40

Great find, Gav!
    Jul 13, 2009, 12:18 PM - Re: Anti-Security Blade Control Rod - Finally Confirmed!!! #41

Cheers Andy...

@ NEF & Seven - I've been calling them today to discuss and 'other' types of design between what we see in the shin tools and what I have in my hand... details tomorrow.

Also in email correspondances today.. I have to confirm before everyone goes calling/ emailing etc that I did in fact mange to snag the last known piece? it was gathering dust in an old back room.
    I can post the email I got confirming this and that no other stockist in UK has one. - Unfortunatley!
    Oct 31, 2009, 2:30 PM - Re: Anti-Security Blade Control Rod - Finally Confirmed!!! #42

Looks like the stabalizer beacon on the jetpack is from the turntable aswell...

Will you guys be posting the list of original part suppliers?
    Nov 1, 2009, 2:55 AM - Re: Anti-Security Blade Control Rod - Finally Confirmed!!! #43

Omega_Man said: View Post
    Looks like the stabilizer beacon on the jetpack is from the turntable as well...
    Why yes it is...
    This has been found for some time, some can still be found on the bay of fleas.

Omega_Man said: View Post
    Will you guys be posting the list of original part suppliers?
    There is a thread somewhere bit I can't remember where?