Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Jul 10, 2009, 3:41 PM - Anti-Security Blade Control Rod - Finally Confirmed!!! #1

Hello everyone!

I am super excited to share this news with you as there is nothing I love better than found parts! I would love to take some credit here, but I can’t take a drop, as this is all due to Mojo-Fett’s hard work!

As most of you know, a while back a friend of TDH made a list of original part suppliers for the Fett costume available to us. That list originally came from Mark Harris, who oversaw the Fett project, then filtered down to our benefactor and then to us!

One of the manufacturer’s on that list was Michell Engineering, who make very high end (and very expensive turn tables). As most of you know, the Michell Turntable sweep arm contains the toe spikes, knee dart, and wrist darts. A lot of people have been scouring the turntables in hopes of turning up other parts, and some other parts have been discovered, while others have been guessed at. It was believed that Michell Engineering had been raided and pretty well cleaned out of any useful parts, but thanks to his tenacity, Gav (Mojo) went back to Michell to check on a piece that had been previously speculated upon, but never confirmed. Low and behold, Michell was able to turn one up and send it Gav’s way ! Thanks to Gav’s dedication we are now able to confirm that the Michell Engineering Stylus Brush is the “intensity control” rod found on the Anti-Security blade which is one of Boba Fett’s 4 shin tools.

As you may notice, there is a slight variation between Gav’s Stylus brush and the one used on the movie prop as his has one hole at the top and the original had two. I don’t know if the prop maker’s made a second hole to attach the two brush rods together or if this is one of Michell’s numerous variations. As you can see in the attached photo from C4, the two rods are held together by a brass pin/screw.

Congrats to Gav on being persistent and following up on what was believed to be a tapped-out source and for finally positively identifying this part! And thanks to Gav, and Delta-75 (who did some of the initial work with Michell when the list first came out) for being so willing to share with the community!

One more part down… only a few hundred left to go!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails stylus_brush_01-jpg   stylus_brush_02-jpg   stylus_brush_03-jpg  

stylus_brush_04-jpg   stylus_brush_05-jpg   stylus_brush_06-jpg  

anti-security-blade-jpg   anti-security-blade_c4-jpg  
    Jul 10, 2009, 3:56 PM - Re: Anti-Security Blade Contol Rod - Finally Confirmed!!! #2

ART YOU AND GAVIN NEVER CEASE TO AMAZE ME!!! Thanks for all of the hard work guys!!!
  3. FettDad is offline FettDad
    Jul 10, 2009, 4:02 PM - Re: Anti-Security Blade Contol Rod - Finally Confirmed!!! #3

amazing work fellas! do i see some machining in the near future, Mr. Gav?
    Jul 10, 2009, 4:03 PM - Re: Anti-Security Blade Contol Rod - Finally Confirmed!!! #4

woo! and now he can do up a run of amazingly accurate machined replicas
    Jul 10, 2009, 4:03 PM - Re: Anti-Security Blade Contol Rod - Finally Confirmed!!! #5

Well done Gav for your work bro. You're a star!
  6. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Jul 10, 2009, 4:06 PM - Re: Anti-Security Blade Contol Rod - Finally Confirmed!!! #6

Boomer Fett said: View Post
    ART YOU AND GAVIN NEVER CEASE TO AMAZE ME!!! Thanks for all of the hard work guys!!!
    Whoa! Whoa! This isn't me. I am just the messenger! Gav is the man!
    Jul 10, 2009, 4:12 PM - Re: Anti-Security Blade Contol Rod - Finally Confirmed!!! #7

ART ANDREWS said: View Post
    Whoa! Whoa! This isn't me. I am just the messenger! Gav is the man!
    Thats not strickly true bro... I was lucky enough.. yes! but without the numerous chats and confirmation from you? :thumbup
    Jul 10, 2009, 4:14 PM - Re: Anti-Security Blade Contol Rod - Finally Confirmed!!! #8

LOL! Somebody just take the D**n credit!! LOL!
    Jul 10, 2009, 4:18 PM - Re: Anti-Security Blade Contol Rod - Finally Confirmed!!! #9

Skupilkinson said: View Post
    LOL! Somebody just take the D**n credit!! LOL!
    fine, fine, alright. i did it. i found it.

oh, you meant one of them...
  10. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Jul 10, 2009, 4:27 PM - Re: Anti-Security Blade Contol Rod - Finally Confirmed!!! #10

GREAT NEWS EVERYONE! STORMTROOPER GUY CONFIRMED THE MICHELL ..... oh forget it...
    Jul 10, 2009, 4:32 PM - Re: Anti-Security Blade Contol Rod - Finally Confirmed!!! #11

GREAT NEWS EVERYONE! STORMTROOPER GUY CONFIRMED THE MICHELL ..... oh forget it...
  12. Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Jul 10, 2009, 4:36 PM - Re: Anti-Security Blade Contol Rod - Finally Confirmed!!! #12

well Mojo - does this mean we are gonna get a full set of screen accurate shin tools etc from foudn parts!!

congrats on the fd parts mate

Nate

ps need a favour, email sent
    Jul 10, 2009, 4:39 PM - Re: Anti-Security Blade Contol Rod - Finally Confirmed!!! #13

Good point Nate!! Gav, if if anyone can do them true justice, you can. Count me in right now!
  14. slave1pilot is offline slave1pilot
    Jul 10, 2009, 4:42 PM - Re: Anti-Security Blade Contol Rod - Finally Confirmed!!! #14

Well done Gav
    Arun of these would be an awesome idea
    glad someone suggested it.
    Jul 10, 2009, 4:42 PM - Re: Anti-Security Blade Contol Rod - Finally Confirmed!!! #15

Who was selling these a while back? Someone had bought a couple of swing arms but I can't recall who.
  16. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Jul 10, 2009, 4:52 PM - Re: Anti-Security Blade Contol Rod - Finally Confirmed!!! #16

Chucko said: View Post
    Who was selling these a while back? Someone had bought a couple of swing arms but I can't recall who.
    The sweep arm is a seperate piece from the stylus brush.
    Jul 10, 2009, 4:57 PM - Re: Anti-Security Blade Contol Rod - Finally Confirmed!!! #17

The sweep arm is a seperate piece from the stylus brush.
    True.. I did those too...
    Jul 10, 2009, 5:05 PM - Re: Anti-Security Blade Contol Rod - Finally Confirmed!!! #18

slave1pilot said: View Post
    Well done Gav
    Arun of these would be an awesome idea
    glad someone suggested it.
    I think I can accomodate that! a certain phone call has cleared that idea...
    You think there'd be enough interest?
    Jul 10, 2009, 5:09 PM - Re: Anti-Security Blade Contol Rod - Finally Confirmed!!! #19

Do you really need to ask that question mate?
    Jul 10, 2009, 5:18 PM - Re: Anti-Security Blade Contol Rod - Finally Confirmed!!! #20

I think there would be plenty of interest!!!!! Great find.
    Jul 10, 2009, 5:51 PM - Re: Anti-Security Blade Contol Rod - Finally Confirmed!!! #21

Do you really need to ask that question mate?
    OK.. will try an do this justice
    Jul 10, 2009, 6:46 PM - Re: Anti-Security Blade Control Rod - Finally Confirmed!!! #22

Awesome find!! I just saw the WIKI and flipped.
    Jul 10, 2009, 9:43 PM - Re: Anti-Security Blade Control Rod - Finally Confirmed!!! #23

cojake said: View Post
    Awesome find!! I just saw the WIKI and flipped.
    ditto!

Great find.

Can't wait to see what the machined set will look like and cost...

Out of curiosity, is there a second hole, maybe one that doesn't go all the way through, under the sticker? Will the machined version have the second hole?
    Jul 10, 2009, 11:20 PM - Re: Anti-Security Blade Control Rod - Finally Confirmed!!! #24

There is no second hole under that foil label mate. Believe me I've checked.
    Jul 11, 2009, 2:33 AM - Re: Anti-Security Blade Control Rod - Finally Confirmed!!! #25

There is no second hole under that foil label mate. Believe me I've checked.
    Skip would know...
    When I first told Skip about my find/purchase I sent him a couple of pics of the stylus brush. Just for him to turn round and say that his dads got one?

The idea is that the second hole will be added as per ref pics, I'm in discussions with Mitchells to ask if there has been some design evolution or scrapped parts etc to try and determine the second.
    'thoughts' are that they added the second to the prop so that it neither slid up or down against the other, or revolved. looks to be held with a bronze piece.
    Last edited by Mojo-Fett; Jul 11, 2009 at 7:57 AM.