Subscribe
    Aug 2, 2014, 8:11 PM - Aluminum VS Resin/Plastic/Rubber Shin Tools for Trooping #1

Looking at getting shin tools soon. Weight, accuracy, and cost factors are in play here but I'm more interested in the practicality of aluminum shin tools for trooping. Has anyone trooped with them for 3+ hours? Care to share your experience? TIA
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    Aug 3, 2014, 12:22 PM - Re: Aluminum VS Resin/Plastic/Rubber Shin Tools for Trooping #2

Hey brother, i never trooped with aluminum shin tools, so i cant officially help you there, but id say they are def heavier than the found parts or resin ones. Rubber ones may be heavy as well, but again, never had em so cant be 100% on that.

However i have shin tools made with the found parts, and mojos aluminum rods. They are very light and have been going for quite a few years with no issues. I also make resin ones, they are a little heavier than the found parts, but not much. The resin ones i make are direct casts of my personal shin tools, so they are very accurate. Obviously the found parts are accurate as well
    Aug 3, 2014, 12:45 PM - Re: Aluminum VS Resin/Plastic/Rubber Shin Tools for Trooping #3

The original found parts are definetly the lightest and most durable choice