Subscribe
    Oct 4, 2006, 6:24 PM - Aluminum Gauntlet Missle from Argentina on ebay #1

Hi guys,
    I was browsing through ebay and found a listing for a Aluminum missle from Argentina. I'm not too sure what to think. Has anyone heard anything about this?
    Last edited by Gator; Oct 4, 2006 at 6:59 PM.
  2. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Oct 4, 2006, 6:35 PM - Re: Aluminum Gauntlet Missle from Argentina on ebay #2

I'm sure it's a nice upgrade But personally I am happy with my resin one.

Also, it is against the rules to post live auctions unless they are your own item.

Thanks

Andy
    Oct 4, 2006, 6:58 PM - Re: Aluminum Gauntlet Missle from Argentina on ebay #3

oops. i i'll delete the link.
    Oct 5, 2006, 7:37 AM - Re: Aluminum Gauntlet Missle from Argentina on ebay #4

I think I'm going to buy this missle from Argentina. I emailed the seller, and it is made by Louis Alvarez. Everyone I know who has bought from him say's his stuff is very high quality.
    Oct 5, 2006, 8:19 AM - Re: Aluminum Gauntlet Missle from Argentina on ebay #5

You can paint your resin rocket to look just like the aluminum part, and it is more than half its weight.
    Oct 6, 2006, 9:35 AM - Re: Aluminum Gauntlet Missle from Argentina on ebay #6

Quote Buckeye_01 said: View Post
    You can paint your resin rocket to look just like the aluminum part, and it is more than half its weight.
    I was wondering about that. I bought the aluminum flamethrower, and it definatley weigh's a bit more than my old resin one, but it was worth it for the quality.
    My resin rocket just plain sucks! I wanted to go with the aluminum one for detail and accuracy. Does anyone make a rocket that looks as good as the aluminum one?
    My resin gauntlets are already heavy enough, and the more I think about, I don't really want to add more weight.
    Oct 6, 2006, 10:25 AM - Re: Aluminum Gauntlet Missle from Argentina on ebay #7

Louis does great work, he also does the darts I believe. At one time he was also doing the soft parts for the Darth Vader costume.
    Oct 6, 2006, 10:42 AM - Re: Aluminum Gauntlet Missle from Argentina on ebay #8

i'm a big fan of aluminum rockets. it gives a feeling of realism that i totally dig. my gauntlets have as much metal on them as i can cram in.

i've never seen one of his gauntlets, but in general people speak very highly of him, so i personally wouldn't worry about quality of the merchandise.

this is a comparison of the resin rocket i had and the aluminum one i have now (this one is by russrep)

Oct 6, 2006, 12:20 PM - Re: Aluminum Gauntlet Missle from Argentina on ebay #9

Quote TK-2177 said: View Post
    I was wondering about that. I bought the aluminum flamethrower, and it definatley weigh's a bit more than my old resin one, but it was worth it for the quality.
    My resin rocket just plain sucks! I wanted to go with the aluminum one for detail and accuracy. Does anyone make a rocket that looks as good as the aluminum one?
    My resin gauntlets are already heavy enough, and the more I think about, I don't really want to add more weight.

PM sent...
    Oct 7, 2006, 11:18 AM - Re: Aluminum Gauntlet Missle from Argentina on ebay #10

I decided to go with the aluminum missle from psberetta. (In addition to the alu Flamethrower) Both are really sweet and add an awesome dimension to any Fett costume (like TK7602 pointed out earlier)