Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Accessories

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

Re: Accessories

Gentex helmet padding for the kevlar military helmets works pretty well.

From
    England

Danabanana said: View Post
    Ok I have searched for 'helmet liner', 'helmet interior', 'helmet lining'...

Am I just so tired I have completely missed it? What do people use? I swear I have seen knee pads used but I can't find the thread now
    In the past when I needed extra padding for a variety of things (including building a 1:1 vader) I bought a cheap camping bedroll (from Millets - you know the sort of thing) which give you a large amount of closed cell foam for a small amount of money. They are maybe only 5 - 10 pounds and you'll have all the padding you'll ever need for this or any other project. When I looked at buying smaller amounts it worked out more expensive. A lot more!

Andy

From
    Essex, England

DeathProof said: View Post
    People will cut foam from knee pads and glue them in place. There really is no specific pattern to it - just whatever is comfortable for your head. I've also seen people use hard hat inserts.

Whatever you use, make sure you leave enough space for your electronics.
    Electronics!? Just when I think I am nearly finished

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

From
    Essex, England

Fett 4 Real said: View Post
    Gentex helmet padding for the kevlar military helmets works pretty well.
    Thanks, will check it out

intwenothor said: View Post
    In the past when I needed extra padding for a variety of things (including building a 1:1 vader) I bought a cheap camping bedroll (from Millets - you know the sort of thing) which give you a large amount of closed cell foam for a small amount of money. They are maybe only 5 - 10 pounds and you'll have all the padding you'll ever need for this or any other project. When I looked at buying smaller amounts it worked out more expensive. A lot more!

Andy
    This is good. And cheap. Thanks!

From
    So. Cal. USA

Very fun thread and can't wait to see it all together. On your next holiday to the states you need to bring it and troop, would be cool.

From
    Victoria, British Columbia

It's all personal preference really. But I'd assume most people would want to put the lights into their range finder. This would mean that you will put a battery pack in your helmet. Other people put a wireless servo that they control from their gauntlet to rotate the range finder up and down. Another pack for the helmet I believe...

Then you may want helmet fans if the lid gets hot and you find yourself on long troops. Again, personal preference but I hear these are life savers especially if you live in a warmer climate.

Danabanana said: View Post
    Electronics!? Just when I think I am nearly finished

From
    Essex, England

topcop28 said: View Post
    Very fun thread and can't wait to see it all together. On your next holiday to the states you need to bring it and troop, would be cool.
    Holiday to the states... lol would be nice I just need to get over my fear of planes :-(

It's all personal preference really. But I'd assume most people would want to put the lights into their range finder. This would mean that you will put a battery pack in your helmet. Other people put a wireless servo that they control from their gauntlet to rotate the range finder up and down. Another pack for the helmet I believe...

Then you may want helmet fans if the lid gets hot and you find yourself on long troops. Again, personal preference but I hear these are life savers especially if you live in a warmer climate.
    Warm climate hmmm in England I think I'll be ok! UKFTS troop bucketless too so there's no rush :-)

Hadn't thought about lights though. Not particularly bothered about having them, I'm a bad Boba!

From
    Maracay Venezuela

Hi bro, here is my helmet inside work, I use from a industrial helmet:

works great for me.

From
    Essex, England

Boots arrived today

Not perfect but the best I am gonna do for little girly feet without making something myself!

Will get toe spikes attached asap

From
    Essex, England

Sigh.

Well, today was the big day. MCM con London. And I don't have my top and trousers yet. Or jetpack harness. What are the odds I get them tomorrow!?

Oh well.

Uk femtrooper squad should be at Birmingham Memorabilia next month. See if I can make that!

From

What are you doing for a harness?

That's too bad about the con. Fingers crossed you get them tomorrow though

From
    Essex, England

I ordered and paid for a harness august 10th not received yet

Well I guess if I get top and trousers back in the next couple of days it gives me time for weathering etc

Just a shame I got them a while back already and they didn't fit!

From

Are you doing a metal or soft harness - sorry, that's what I mean. Only curious because of the difference in size of the jetpack.

From
    Essex, England

Are you doing a metal or soft harness - sorry, that's what I mean. Only curious because of the difference in size of the jetpack.
    Oh - soft, ordered one that is scaled down too so should fit

From
    Massachusetts

Haven't looked in on this in a while , you've come a long way . What you got looks great , and I can't get over how fast too! I hope you make Birmingham!

From
    Essex, England

Got2bfett said: View Post
    Haven't looked in on this in a while , you've come a long way . What you got looks great , and I can't get over how fast too! I hope you make Birmingham!
    So do I! Bit gutted I missed MCM con but hey ho. Before I got started I should have read the thread that tells you not to aim for a certain event because you won't make it!

Well rest of soft parts should be back soon so I can get on with weathering instead. And JP harness I am told should be shipped next week so maybe I'll be ready for Birmingham *crosses fingers*

From
    Essex, England

My flightsuit seems to have disappeared somewhere in the post. Well this sucks.

From
    Essex, England

I missed Birmingham too :-(

Still no sign of flightsuit this end. Maker is looking for a postage receipt but has moved house recently so I am doubtful anything will come of it now :-( I don't even know what to do in this situation.

Anyhoo, I did receive my jetpack harness so am going to need some help fitting the hooks etc and attaching it all!

From
    Douglasville, Ga.

Sounds like its time for a new flight suit....
    Just don't change themes in the middle of things....Now I got one I gotta turn grey.

From
    Essex, England

I agree :-( have PMd Crazy4bobafett but I don't know if she is active at the moment as I haven't heard back

Guess this stuff happens. At least it wasn't my armour or helmet :-)

If anyone knows her off TDH and could let her know I would appreciate it!

From
    Douglasville, Ga.

We're those CAboots in your pic? I got some and now wish I had waited, MoW will do another run sometime early next year....
    Last edited by syllander; Dec 1, 2013 at 12:53 PM.

From
    Essex, England

syllander said: View Post
    We're those CAboots in your pic? I got some and now wish I had waited, MoW will do another fun sometime early next year....
    Yes, if MOW ever makes them small enough for me I will probably change them :-)

From
    Inland Empire, CA

Considering how hyped up you were for this build, I'm really disappointed and sad for you that things have taken such a rotten turn.

I hope that things pick up again soon.

From
    Essex, England

rubio95 said: View Post
    Considering how hyped up you were for this build, I'm really disappointed and sad for you that things have taken such a rotten turn.

I hope that things pick up again soon.
    Thanks, am a bit gutted but what can I do! Will most likely be in the New Year now before things get moving again

From
    Essex, England

Bump! So it's 3:40am here and I can't sleep :-( so thought I should check in :-)

I was invited to a fancy dress party a couple of weeks ago, it sucks I couldn't bust out Boba :-(

New flightsuit currently being negotiated so I should be back into it again soon :-D

Remembered I also need a new neckseal and a blaster so will have a browse...