Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

4th Shin tool - Jet pack adjustment... almost found

  1. #51
    never_ending_fett's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2006
    From
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    1,158

    Re: 4th Shin tool - Jet pack adjustment... almost found

    The length definately looks good assuming the original filled the whole pocket. It almost looks like the pocket goes in, like it's not "full" about half or 3/4 of the way down. It could just be that picture, or the lighting or any number of variables. I still think you are on to something with the shotgun mic though.

  2. #52

    Re: 4th Shin tool - Jet pack adjustment... almost found

    i don't think the "tool"/mic has the same diameter from top to bottom.

  3. #53

    Re: 4th Shin tool - Jet pack adjustment... almost found

    That Sennheiser lead sounds REALLY promising... particular since there's a pic of Ben Burtt using one during filming.

  4. #54
    Account Deactivated
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,529

    Re: 4th Shin tool - Jet pack adjustment... almost found

    OK
    Here's my guess
    Altec-Lansing 681A omnidirectional microphone


    Dimensions are really good at 1 1/8 in. diameter at the top & 7 3/8 in. long.

    Notice it's flat across the top too.
    just remove the screen & unscreww the cord portion.

  5. #55
    never_ending_fett's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2006
    From
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    1,158

    Re: 4th Shin tool - Jet pack adjustment... almost found

    stormtrooperguy said: View Post
    That Sennheiser lead sounds REALLY promising... particular since there's a pic of Ben Burtt using one during filming.
    I've been wondering if there was a connection since the start of this thread.

  6. #56

    Re: 4th Shin tool - Jet pack adjustment... almost found

    slave1pilot said: View Post
    OK
    Here's my guess
    Altec-Lansing 681A omnidirectional microphone


    Dimensions are really good at 1 1/8 in. diameter at the top & 7 3/8 in. long.

    Notice it's flat across the top too.
    just remove the screen & unscreww the cord portion.
    not bad.

  7. #57
    never_ending_fett's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2006
    From
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    1,158

    Re: 4th Shin tool - Jet pack adjustment... almost found

    slave1pilot said: View Post
    OK
    Here's my guess
    Altec-Lansing 681A omnidirectional microphone


    Dimensions are really good at 1 1/8 in. diameter at the top & 7 3/8 in. long.

    Notice it's flat across the top too.
    just remove the screen & unscreww the cord portion.
    since it's tapered, that could account for the "less fullness" at the bottom of the pocket...

Similar Threads

  1. Ali Shin tool parts from 'found' part - *Taking Payments*
    By Mojo-Fett in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 195
    Last Post: Jul 15, 2010, 4:15 PM
  2. Shin tool help
    By Bobby Fett UK in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Oct 6, 2008, 5:26 PM
  3. Jet Pack Adjustment Knob
    By Wes in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: Sep 15, 2008, 7:13 PM
  4. shin tool pictures
    By Citizen_Snips in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Apr 11, 2007, 2:49 PM
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •