This is amazing.....well done mate.
This is amazing.....well done mate.
Also, here is a chart of measurements I'm trying to gather. I figure the best way is to average any and all sizes of actual pluce 40's that people have so Here are the sections I would need measured.
1.) Overall Longest measurement of the body as a whole.
2.) Length of the main cylinder.
3.) Circumference of the main cylinder.
4.) Length of the butt of the handle.
So far here are measurements so far:
1.) 393mm (Wes7)
2.) 310mm (RafalFett), 294 (actual pluce by Intwenothor)
3.) 50mm (RafalFett),
I PM'd BuckarooTrooper who also has an actual pluce 40 as well. Hopefully I'll hear back some time this weekend from him.
I'm out of town but can get these when I get back.
Glad to help.
294+ or - a mm or so is spot on
Arch, measurement number one could vary quite abit dependent on how loosely or tightly the tip is screwed on.
Thanks for the tip Intwenothor. I'll focus more so on measurement 2. Is the rivets along the cap of the blaster more accurate or should it stay smooth like before?
I'm not sure what you mean by rivets, please can you clarify?
Ah OK. My bad Wes7 (I misinterpreted your measurements).
By rivets, I mean I added indented groves into the cap on the front of the blaster where the laser should come out (I'm terrible at gun terminology). Is it accurate to have those? I know a lot of replicas have then but I could've sworn I've seen some smooth like how I had it when Aprilstorm printed it...
First Post updated.
I sized the figure to the real pluce 40 measurements. However, I know Aprilstorm said it was a bit large but to get the real measurements I had to actually scale the model up a bit so I'm not sure what's up with that. The new OBJ and STL file are available but until I'm absolutely sure it's going to work UPLOAD AND PRINT AT YOUR OWN RISK!
I also kept the grooves in since I saw that it was on the in movie picture as well. Hopefully I'll get pics up later.
Would there be a problem with me turning these files into a pepakura development. If so I will make it available to all who dare to try it. I was going to try and model it and then here this thread popped up. If you are against I will not proceed using your file and will work up my own.
Not at all man. My only request is to properly credit my work on it. I put this up so you and others of the dented helmet to use it as they please as a way to give back to the community that has helped me so much with my Fett thus far.
You can see more of my work at Jonathan Pezzatta
I have another question. Is the main body of the gun actually cylindrical or is it oval? I have seen some reference images that it appears to be oval and not a perfectly round cylinder.
Hmmmm. The model I downloaded is circular when I open it.
3D ESB sidearm - Post #28) the barell looks oval to me. But it seems that Arch forget to upload the correct file?
Aluminium cylinder is definitely oval.
As to the ' rivets' at the end mine has some grooves on the fat ring of the emitter but not the ultimate end. The grooves are very slight. Very fine indeed.
Ah gotcha my bad. I should be able to fix that really quick. If the grooves are very slight it may be beneficial to leave it smooth and scratch those groves in after the print. Thanks for the info guys! I'll fix it and let you guys know when the new model is ready!
First post updated. Sorry it took so long (school's been kicking my butt).
Is a run of these a possibility? Great job by the way on the detail.
As much as I'd like to... the facilities available to me can't even support a blaster I would've liked to print for myself. Though if you know anyone who has one or if you have one yourself, you can download the file provided.
I do know "shape ways" allows you to upload and make 3D prints you can buy there but I'd have to hollow it out (otherwise it'd be over $500 because they charge by the cubic centimeter). It would be the best I can do. The advantage to buying it from there is that you can choose whether to print it in plastic, metal, gold, etc... I'll look into optimizing my file for that site to keep cost low though it's hard to say until they process it. Fingers crossed
I finally got around to painting and finishing the blaster: I kinda had to wing it on the colour mixing coper with brown and then airbrushing and used a mixtue of pewter and silver rubnbuff for the metal finish.
Also, I may regret making this offer, but I may be able to print this for people who are after it, I live in Australia so postage (and lack of time) is likely to be our only issue. But I will only print these for others once we solve some issues with the current model and Archester gets his copy first.
That is a nice looking piece, great job April.