20 minutes weathering repaint job of Hasbro Electronic Blaster
We all know the Hasbro Electronic Blaster. It is too short (not easily solved), but ...it comes in those really untrue colours (i guess to make sure people think it is a play gun).
All you need to get a quick and good weathering is a spray can of mat black and dark red.
DO NOT DISASSEMBLE THE BLASTER! A few parts make it impossible to do it without breaking stuff. And ...you might see a nut fall out too ...like i did. Now i no longer can lock the battery cover. :-/
1) Paint the blaster black. Use many thin layers instead of one thick one. Don't place the spray can close.
2) Hang the blaster at eye level and in good light
3) Increase the distance of the spray can three times to add the red dotting. Shoot VERY short bursts of red paint. Don't aim directly to the blaster. Aim over it and let the paint dots FALL onto the blaster.
4) Inspect your work. If too many red, erase that area with a black layer. You might not want to start from zero again. So ...you might dot the red dots with black dots till you are pleased with the result.
5) Getting left side and red side equal is nearly impossible. Remember ... you can only see one side at the time. So ...don't worry. :)
Two pics show steps 1 and 3. Last pic is a happy Boba Fett with a quickly adapted blaster. Now i need to do more work on my suit to get it fit better.
Attachment 69118 Attachment 69119 Attachment 69120
There are even better ways to do the weathering. i will try to do that one too, but i need to make a video to have that technique better explained.
To be continued ...in another thread.