Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

$14.00 EE-3

$14.00 EE-3

Well, the real thing was just not in the budget so I built my own. It is made of my son's toy gun (which he was not happy about) PVC plastic plumbing, wood and glue. Also used some expanding foam insulation I shot into the PVC barrell piece to secure it. Scope was at Wal Mart for $7.00. Total cost, $14.00.

Now, can anybody help a brother out with some cheap stock greeblies!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ee3-jpg  

From
    Iowa City, IA

Re: $14.00 EE-3

That's a great job right there!

From
    Whittier, CA.

Nice Work!

Thanks guys! It was alot of fun to build and it actually came out better than I thought it would when I got started. If I put the batteries back in and pull the trigger, it sounds like an old Colt .45 going off. I don't recall that sound anytime over the sarlac pit

From
    Santa Fe, Texas

nice job Jayme

I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

Nice job! How long is it?

Thanks mdoug! Well GCNgamer, not that size really matters, but, it is 30" long.

Here is a picture of my mannequin holding the "el cheapo" EE-3.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails yes-2-jpg  

Anybody have some stock greeblies they want to part with so I can finish this one up?

From
    Richmond, KY

PM sent

From
    Mansfield, TX

What did you buy for the grip? And where did you get it?
    Last edited by Kashyyyk4ABY; Aug 22, 2007 at 3:10 PM.

I'll put some pics up later of the materials. It won't really be a tutorial but you'll get the idea of how it came together.

any idea of where I can get the toy gun? I'm noticing walmart declining in anything that looks like a gun, stupid adults ruining kids fun, what's a childhood without fake guns

From
    South Wales

Yeah I second that!!!

Full size guns are so difficult to get hold of without paying a fat wedge for them!!!

Great work Butterbean! :thumbup
    I love threads like this - they're very encouraging to those of us who want to build as much as they can from scratch!

Couple of questions:
    1. What did you use for cooling vanes on the barrel?
    2. Do you have any pics of the build process?
    3. Can we see the blaster from the other side?

Well done brother!!!
    Last edited by Darth Paul; Sep 1, 2007 at 10:40 AM.

Thanx very much! I found another toy gun at Target (same one I used for this) I took a pic with my cell phone and I am attempting to mail it to my PC so I can post it. I'll get some pics up soon, sorry for the delay.

O.K. I think I have this figured out. The gun was from Target and I think it was around $10.00 when I bought it (bout 6 months ago). It is somewhat novelty and oversized. It is nearly exact in measurments to the "real" EE-3.
    I cut the PVC to the correct lengths (found while doing a search in these groups) and glued the 2" diameter piece to the 1 1/2" diameter piece. Had to wrap the smaller piece in duct tape for a snug fit. I slipped those over the barrel of the orange gun, centered it and shot the hole full of the expanding foam. A day later it was solid as can be. Trimmed it up and put the end cap on (not pictured cause I only bought one). I Sanded down the ends of the wood squares so they slope a bit and used lock tite gel glue to put them on.
    I sanded down the cylinder of the orange gun and put pieces of aluminum on for a smooth look(glued). For the stock I took half of the plastic grip off and glued (and screwed) the stock right to the orange gun.
    Hope that helps! I wish I would have taken pics while building but I hope you get the idea.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails orange-gun-jpg   pvc-jpg   wood-jpg  

both-jpg  

what is the correct length of the barrel? Also I made one similar, and will post photos. Although on a smaller budget I left out the 2 different sized PVC and simply used one, which I tihnks looks pretty decent. I bought my gun as a pair at a halloween shop for $8. The rest I salvaged from my old BB Gun EE3

ooo real quick what did you use as an end cap? I really need one, I was thinking of cutting a funnel down to size

From
    Richmond, KY

mandosoldier said: View Post
    what is the correct length of the barrel?
    Here are some great measurements courtesy of TK409

http://tk409.com/images/fett/rifle/measurements.jpg

From
    South Wales

Thats really good bro!

I'm currently scratchbuilding my own blaster.
    So far I have a working scope (UKŁ7)

and a toy pistol (UKŁ8 )similar to yours.

So Im 15 quid into this and I've still got the barrel assembly and the stock to source, once I've sourced all the materials I need I'm thinking of starting my own thread, so I don't hijack anyone elses!

Top work there BB!!!

Cheers,

Pauly

Ok I still need the end cap, any suggestions of tings around the house to use? I'm thinking funnel. ALSO anything else I can use for the bracket? I tried it out of woods, but as I cut with my dremmel (which is all i have) it smokes and gets bad, btw I need this blaster by the 7th, so any quick fixes to attach the stock to the pistol would be appreciated, even if it's not screen accurate

Go to the home depot for the end cap to the PVC. It fit so tight I didn't even need to glue it. I just drilled a hole in it and put a small piece of PVC in the end to make it look like the barrel. All of the stuff I used for the barrel part was in one isle at the home supply store. It is all made to fit together. Hey Mandosoldier! had the same problem, actually broke several bits on my roto-zip. Actually used a cheap jig saw for the curved cutting, try that.

butterbean said: View Post
    Go to the home depot for the end cap to the PVC. It fit so tight I didn't even need to glue it. I just drilled a hole in it and put a small piece of PVC in the end to make it look like the barrel. All of the stuff I used for the barrel part was in one isle at the home supply store. It is all made to fit together. Hey Mandosoldier! had the same problem, actually broke several bits on my roto-zip. Actually used a cheap jig saw for the curved cutting, try that.

I wish I could go out and buy a jogsaw, even a cheap one, what I ended up doing was putting the rest of the wooden part INTO the stock, tomorrow I'll buy some opf that foam stuff and fill it up, that should also fix that in there hard enough to hold it then I'll just rivet it onto the blaster and I'll be done

can someone PM me and tell me what is use for the lines around the gun barrel

From
    Kalamazoo, MI

They are probably tank windshield wipers, just like the lightsaber hilt. Regular windshield wiper blades should do the trick and look pretty kewl.