Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

10 Webley Kits - Official Commitment List

From
    Kalamazoo, MI

Re: 10 Webley Kits - Official Commitment List

On a side note, i have constructed a RUBBER stock with foam filling.

The hard foam is much lighter. The soft foam is heavier, but you can (and I have) wack people hard on the head with it, and it just wumps.

The hard foam is very sturdy. These are options for stocks, as well as a hollow cast resin with foam filling, and a solid stock.

The downside to the FOAM FILLED stocks is they will have two holes at the butt end, that the foam has to purge from. I sent one to Fettdad, he can comment more on it when he gets it. (He got hard resin with foam core) and spideyfett got rubber coated foam.

From
    Kalamazoo, MI

They are in pseudo kit. But you wont need any real instructions to put them together. They literally slide together. If you poured glue in the box and shook it you would have a good chance it would come out together.

The only thing id suggest is if you get a resin trigger you glue gun it in. so if someone pulls it flexes, and if you break it its easy to replace. I superglued one into my 'test gun' and pulled as hard as I could. it finally broke the trigger, and im not sure how ill get it out now hehe

The hammer and trigger will need to be sanded to the angle to fit the body. but it wont be dificult. I put one together fully and was running around the house making cowboy and indian noises in 10 minutes. They are 80% trimmed (Could do with a little light sanding on some edges) and appropriate sides that go together machined flat (like the grips) so they sit flush without much moding.

m2

mckenic said: View Post
    [EDITED as per Stormriders post - I just realised that I wouldnt know how to attach the kit to the wooden stock I have so I'd like to go for a full - rubber kit please - everything rubber

Thank you sir!]

Oh me please!!!

*hyper*

Need ESB greebles but no stock please - whats a D ring? Do I need one?

Will these be in kit form, and will you show us how to put 'em together if its complex please?

Woo Hoo - been VERY excited about these since you mentioned them during the knee run!

Dave

Account Deactivated

got mine today, and these are fantastic!! they are very clean, and very easy to put together, virtually no prep...cant wait for the scope/mounts and greeblies!! i will post up some pics with it somewhat put together... thanks m2 for making this happen!!

From
    Kalamazoo, MI

Im glad your happy so far Pending the feedback on the two kits that went out, ill accept orders this weekend for up to 3-4 kits.

One thing to note, is that release agent is VERY greasy. So if someone is _sure_ they are painting theirs (Like spidey was) Ill use powder instead. it leaves a duller finish, but a lot better to paint.

Once ive had a chance to talk to these guys, and make sure that its satisfactory, ill fix up the list on this thread, and start getting dirty.

At this time im not making rubber triggers and guards, as the molds hold bubbles 2 of 3 times, and they take more than an hour to demold 1 trigger! but im going to make a new mold this weekend that is much easier on the rubber.

Ill be excited to see the feedback from FD.

I do have 1 seconds gun im going to post in the cargo hold that if it sells ill ship out by tomorrow. The bracket will need filling and a new trigger put in.

It will be 120 + actual shipping.

Its been superglued together (lightly) but will come apart and make a really nice kit.

The d-bracket has an air bubble on the protrusion. Ill post it with pics in the cargo hold later

now its time to do my brakes.
    m2

From
    Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada

Very cool that you got some positive feedback on this already, really looking forward to seeing some pics and I hope I can get my hands on one of these kits.

Interested in a "seconds" ESB if the time and money are right...

From
    Kalamazoo, MI

UPDATE:

Ok here we go. This is un-orthodox. But Im Happy with the way these kits have come out. However I can already see a few things that could be better. That being said, im going to do something that goes against what I usually do. Im going to lower these kits a bit.

Now, im doing this for two reasons.

1: Theres a lot of kits out there, and times are tough I almost always give a price, and the final price is less. This time, I want to to be a better price.

2: Ive cut my process way down, and cut the waste way down. Im getting far less 'useles pulls' than I thought. Im doinga bout 4/7 excelent 2/7 good 1/7 bad.

Bads I chuck or see how they break when thrown or dropped.

So that being said, for this run im going to do:
    Excelent pulls: 150 + shipping (roughly 10-20)
    Good pulls: 100 + shipping (roughly 10-20)

Midwest is 10, rest is 20.

Take off $20 for stocks.

I have 3 excelents and a good here now. Im going to run all my plastic out this weekend, and see where im at.

Right now, im going to hold off on rubber triggers, guards because they take 3 hrs to demold, instead of 30 minutes. And they get bubbles more than half the time.

Ill do rubber barrels but they will be roughly $20 more. And rubber coated stocks with foam centers for $20 more.

If you have any questions pm me. Im sorry for the un-orthodox of this run so far. But ive had to change process 10 times to get here.

From
    Deliverence, Indiana

PM sent.

Account Deactivated

Got a copy of the rubber and resin barrel.... GREAT work Mike!!

one of the best kits I've seen in a long time.

I'm very interested in a full plastic kit. I can hold off till you get the ESB greeblies done.

Thanks for taking on this project!

-Ryan

From
    Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada

PM sent

From
    California

Pm sent.

From
    Kalamazoo, MI

I skipped grifter on the list, but your going on it, sorry

From
    Kalamazoo, MI

Ok couple updates.
    These are pics of a 'second' webley. The one im selling/sold in cargo hold.

Theres bubbles in the d-bracket, (The current seconds dont have that many, just the ones in the protrusion. Its fast superglued together. No screws. Has a few other bubbles. mostly on bottoms. The bugble on the grip is too big to be a first. An occasional little bubble is ok by me, but that big a bubble makes it a second.

I think however this is sold but these pics should suffice to show the webley, uncleaned, rough glued.

Im going to send payment pm's as soon as I know where im at with numbers tonight.

First pays, first shipped

If your out, pls pm me so I can add someone else to your spot.

OUTSIDE THE US: Actual shipping, and i cant guarantee it through customs. (Like always) but i will ship in two seperate boxes if you like, to make it more likely, but it will cost more.

if anyones shipped a webley outside the us, pm me and give me some details pls

heres a pic of the grips (cold cast ish) left is original, right is copies. I intentionally leave a little resin showing, to make it look worn.

Account Deactivated

ya, very nice!! great work brother...cant even tell the original grip with the cast ones...love mine!!

remember guys, this is with very little work to it...these are clean, and VERY easy to put together...just a little bit of cutting/sanding on the trigger, hammer and trigger guard...

From
    Kalamazoo, MI

^ ^ Bottom of the pistol grip also. Hay FD, hows the surface left after wet sanding?

Account Deactivated

havent gotten that far brother...argh! was at lowe's this morning too...shouldve remembered to get wet sandpaper...cant leave at the moment, wife is out shopping and its me and the little man...ya, daddy daycare today...

From
    Deliverence, Indiana

Storm,

Did you intend for these to be hot pink? Maybe you should have sent Fettdad's to me instead of him painting his that color. I prefer Gun Metal....now Fettdad on the other hand....hmm

From
    Richmond VA

The finish looks like it doesn't need any painting! Very nice . Any luck on finding strap ring mounts?

From
    Kalamazoo, MI

^^ Fettdad is working on mounts. hes got some options, and I think hes going to offer mounts and front and back swivels for sub 10 bucks.

Which means 2 ball stud / swivels and 2 rings. and a tutorial on how to install them

Ill get them eventually but im super busy getting the rest together.

Really, for most ppl, it wont need painting.

Gettem while they are cheap next run will prob be 200 shipped instead of 170.

Also to note. about 'powder coat'

let me clear that up. Theres a few different release agents. Some are silicone, some latex etc. You can also use 'powders' to make it have less air bubbles. And guns that are getting primered and painted, if i use powder on them, makes them have less (much less) cleaning with soap and water. But it doesnt leave the surface as shiny.

So for some, ive specially pulled them with powder. (Spidey so far).

So when i said 'powder' i dont mean 'powder coat' i mean not shiny. make sense?

Ok, no more talking stuff to do! more updates tonight/morning
    m2

Account Deactivated

yes, as far as the sling mounts are concerned, i have found the studs and some nickel rings to make those...i need to get the pieces ordered, probably 25-30 each, to see if anyone is interested in the sling mounts...

From
    Kalamazoo, MI

He means hes ordering 25-30, not that they will cost 25-30

So is it $195 or $170 for a full kit?

-Ryan

I helped at SDCC '08 987654321a's Avatar
    From
    San Diego, CA

M,

It looks great man. About time... haha just kiddin.

Just a quick question. What would be the advantage of rubber, over resin barell? Besides the virtually no-breakage in rubber.

From
    Kalamazoo, MI

Yah just that it wont break. Same with the stocks. They wont hold paint as well is the other side of the equation.